Saturday, August 4, 2007

Here is a Victorian chair that I reupholstered recently.

First, some "before" pictures.




This is in the process of removing the old upholstery. I had to take out the springs and replace the jute webbing.

The springs are actually on the floor under the chair.



I turned the chair upside down to replace the webbing.



Close-up of the new webbing and ties...the springs are tied together in a specific way with a special knot I learned from my book.




This is when the chair started to be a real pain...getting the pattern right for the back upholstery took a few tries.




Almost done--this is the chair without the trim covering the upholstery tacks.

The finished chair, in my living room!

The End.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The final picture looks amazing. Wow!
I should send you a photo of the chair (my bubbies) in my bedroom, the one covered in the Turkman cloth; I think the upholstery fabric, which is frayed and torn is almost the same as your new stuff!

De Moores said...

You worked hard and it shows! Well done!
www.demoores.com